OBJECTIVE: We are looking for an experienced news producer to manage a news service.Oversee a team of professionals to assure that the three services of Radio Bilingüe’s news department Línea Abierta, Despacho de Noticiero Latino, and Edición Semanaria go on air on time and with the highest-quality journalistic and audio content.
1. Coordinates news production personnel, including sound engineer, producer, program host, web editors and administrative assistant, to produce network-distributed news/public affairs programming, including Despacho de Noticiero Latino, Edición Semanaria and Línea Abierta, and news web content. Participates in regular editorial, advisory committee and strategic planning meetings.
2. Coordinates news personnel to ensure coverage of issues of interest, booking of guests, program schedule, pre-recorded interviews, research, editing, copywriting, news assignments and post-production.
3. Edit articles and news content for proofreading, style, fact checking, and adherence to editorial policies.
4. Monitors news and public affairs programming to ensure high standards of quality in production deliverables.
5. Networks with other public media outlets and ensures proper capture, recording and broadcast of news services acquired from partnering organizations.
6. Coordinates filing of expenditures, acquisitions and the memory of the programming content and news sources.
7. Supervises communication with news freelance correspondents. Guide incoming reporters on Radio Bilingüe’s newsroom stylebook and editorial policies. Maintain communication with regular commentators and news partner station managers. Participate in screening process for news jobs applicants as needed. Supervise news interns as needed. Maintain communication with selected news sources as needed.
8. Coordinates troubleshooting reports and purchase request forms from sound engineer and news office administrator.
9. Ensures proper compliance with grant contracts by preparing monthly news production reports for Business department and overseeing monthly check request reports for news content acquisitions
10. Participates in staff and management meetings and attend professional conferences/events as appropriate.
11. Serves as substitute news producer or news reporter for Línea Abierta, Despacho de Noticiero Latino and Edición Semanaria as needed.
12. Maintains communication with affiliate stations and other content users by crafting and releasing program announcements via web, email and social media.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual (English and Spanish.) Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages. High proficiency in Spanish language. Excellent facilitative and people skills. Ability to work independently and handle multiple deadlines and priorities effectively. Clear understanding of and commitment to public/community radio mission, vision and culture.
EXPERIENCE: A combination of education and experience on a year for year substitution basis equaling ten years of related experience.
WORK LOCATION: The physical location of the job is at RB headquarters in Fresno, California. Qualified candidates based in other areas who have demonstrated strong remote working skills will be considered. This position may require occasional travel depending on organizational needs.
COVID-19 WORKPLACE PROTOCOLS: Radio Bilingüe follows CDC guidelines and protocols related to workplace requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
TO APPLY: Email resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Radio Bilingüe is a Latino-controlled noncommercial radio network and the preeminent producer and distributor of bilingual programming in the nation’s public media system. For 40 years, Radio Bilingüe has taken a lead building and sustaining Latino-controlled public radio stations. The nationally-distributed programs Línea Abierta and Edición Semanaria have been on the air for more than 25 years.
EEO: Radio Bilingüe is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.